Friday, January 21, 2011

Mom... Superstar..

Being a mom certainly isn’t a glamorous job, unless you happen to be a movie star! I very rarely have clothes on that don’t have some sort of bodily fluid on it, and the dark circles under my eyes don’t exactly scream sexy! But all in all I love my velour sweat suit and I always wear it proudly. Lately I have decided to start a moms group. A fun meeting where moms can be comfortable, and child free, to discuss being a mom. I wanted to provide information that would be helpful to all moms not just stay at home moms. So I went to the church and asked and they ran with it. Last night was the first meeting and I have to say it was Amazing! So many people showed up to help out and although thanks to factors outside my control, there wasn’t just a ton of moms there; the meeting was more than I ever thought it would be. The Devotional given by our pastor gave me chills and the fellowship was so great. I left last night just pumped up. I felt such a since of pride. I may just be a simple mom but I felt like a superstar! This is going to work. This is going to be a group that is going to grow and be established! I was so giddy I couldn’t even sleep. I was thinking and planning and plotting and scheming. This could be soo big. I felt renewed. At 2 am when I had only been asleep for an hour and the baby woke up to feed, I jumped out of bed with a smile on my face. Don’t worry baby here comes supermom to the rescue. At 6 I brought him to the bed to lay with me and cuddle. I fell asleep and just as I was at my photo shoot for People magazine, I was awaken back to reality, as my three month old threw up all over the side of my face and all in my ear. Good morning! And now it’s just another day in the life of a simple mom!

2 comments:

  1. This one cracked me up! Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is hilarious. Too bad you don't have a Mavericks sweat suit to wear around proudly!

    ReplyDelete