Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Imagine that

I have always been very fascinated by the imagination of children. They can sit with nothing and imagine an entirely different world. It always makes me giggle when they put their dolls or stuffed animals in time out. It’s sort of a reflection on how I’m doing as a parent. For example when Landry was about two he got a big Elmo doll for Christmas and he carried that thing everywhere. At first he would cuddle and kiss Elmo and tuck him in a night but as the terrible twos hit full force, we began to notice that Elmo was spending a considerable about of time in the corner. And he would get swats every few minutes and Landry was constantly telling Elmo NO NO, you want my spank you! At that point we realized maybe we were giving a little too much discipline for a two year old. But the thing that really gets me is imaginary friends. Most kids have them, even I had one named Peaches. She was always messing up my room or getting into things I was supposed to get into, she was my scape goat. My kids however take imaginary friends to a whole new level. Anyone who knows us knows of Landry’s best friend WOOEEE! Now Wooee has been around for about 3 years, and he is a boy with blue colored skin who lives in California, he has a mom and dad and some siblings. Wooee has been everywhere with us, through every move, every vacation, every doctors visit. At one point Landry even insisted we put the extra booster seat in the car so Wooee can be safe. Every time we got in he would buckle Wooee in first and then himself. Wooee's dad plays for the Dallas Mavericks and his name is Dirk, but he sleeps outside in the dog house because he has little bugs that live on him and every time he scratches those little bugs stink sooo bad! So Wooee’s mom kicked him out of the house at night! Now Wooee’s mom, whom I don’t think has a name at the current time, we will call her Mrs.N, has had at least 10 babies that I know of. It seems that every time someone close to us gets pregnant and has a baby, well guess what so does Mrs.N. Poor Wooee, as if it’s not enough to live in his crazy family ,the poor kid is always getting hurt, he falls off his bike, he falls off the bed, he gets beat up at school and one time he got hit by a car and they had to rush him to the dr. His eyeball fell out and the drs accidently sewed it back in backwards. I am also fairly certain that he might have a hook on one hand and at least one wooden peg leg. I Could literally write a book on nothing but the adventures of Wooee. We also have Harvey, but he’s a fairly boring boy who doesn’t do or say much. But he seems to be around most of the time.
Libby has a friend as well and her name is sontagone. Let me help you out.... SONE-ta-GONE. No I have no idea how she came up with this name. It is not on any show that we have ever watched that I know of.
Sontagone is a beautiful, magical bird, who flies around town singing a lovely bird song and sitting with her friends on the power lines. Libby’s relationship with Sontagone is a little different then Landry and Wooee. She does not go anywhere with us, Libby goes everywhere with her. Example, Libby what did you do today? Libby, I went to a beautiful castle to visit my friend Sontagone. ME: Libby where are you? Libby: I am at work with my friend Sontagone. All day it’s my Friend Sontagone and I did this, went here, met so and so! All of the imagination friends have one thing in common, no matter what toy comes on T.V., they all have it! And my kids want it and I am mean because I won’t let them get it.
I used to believe that I was just a simple mom of three but as luck would have it I am actually raising lots of kids some of them you just can’t see.

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog....u are so funny and talented. Love you, jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your writing style. I feel like I know Wooee!! Keep up the good work. I'm really enjoying reading this! Sorry, I set up this name when Jay was blogging and can't figure out how to change it on the blog page! Sandy

    ReplyDelete